Register HERE: Mindfulness for Teens at UofT
Download Flyer HERE: TeachingMindfulnesstoTeensFall2019.pdf
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Teens today need help to manage anxiety, cultivate empathy and compassion and develop coping skills. Mindfulness can help them, and this introductory workshop will help you teach mindfulness to teens. Whether you’re a teacher, education support worker, or other youth service practitioner, you’ll get the information and resources you need to design a new mindfulness curriculum or implement an existing one. You’ll explore the core elements of mindfulness training, practical applications, curriculum connections, neuroscience research, customized lesson plans and adaptations for different populations.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Assess the resources needed to implement a mindfulness program.
- Use age-appropriate activities, practices and instructional materials.
- Select activities and practices that will support mindful core competencies:
- Show students how they can benefit from mindfulness practice.
- Help teens enhance their optimism, motivation, creativity and impulse control skills through the use of mindfulness.
This course can be applied towards the following certificates: